Real Money Blackjack
There isn’t anything so thrilling and adrenaline-inducing than playing any casino game for real money. It’s just not the same as a friendly game of solitaire, tennis, or backgammon. We know that emotions can run really high in backgammon too!
But when you put down a wager in a social game of blackjack, you have something to win! We can’t deny the primal instinct that gets us excited about tempting our luck – humans wouldn’t be humans if they didn’t take risks. Gambling has been with us for centuries – evidence of it has been uncovered in Ancient Egypt, Sumeria, and sports like horse or camel racing have attracted gamblers for hundreds of years.
Casino of the Month
18+ Gamble Responsibly | T&C Apply.
Best online casinos 2021
Blackjack is one of the friendliest and popular games for a lot of reasons. Most importantly, it’s fun, easy to learn, and keeps you guessing! It has a great learning curve and you can play it after a few minutes of instruction, and continue discovering new strategies and getting more creative at it as you play.
The other important reason is the odds are great! It’s a well-known fact you’re playing against the house edge – in blackjack, the house edge is comparatively small. It’s a very player-friendly game that gamblers love to play for real money.
Why People Play Blackjack for Free
Before you start to play, it’s a good idea to learn the rules and practice for a bit. Some people choose to play blackjack for free at first because they don’t want to lose their money due to a silly beginner’s mistake. A lot of software providers that stock online casinos with real money games have a free option.
This is geared towards new players or people who are browsing, trying to decide what they’re into. Once you know that a game is definitely for you and you’d like to throw down a real money wager, you can start playing with cash from your casino account.
How to Play Blackjack for Real Money
Playing blackjack for real money is very easy, even if you are having problems accessing your favorite casino with your regular internet provider. Casinos are legal all over the world, and accessing them through a trusted VPN site shouldn’t be a problem.
A few simple steps to follow are:
- Open a casino account – this can be done completely anonymously. You don’t have to give any payment or deposit information in order to open an account. You can open an account without depositing money if you just want to “take a look” and see what games a casino has available, and test a few out for free. If you’re sure that you are happy with their selection, you can proceed to step two:
- Make your first deposit. You have a casino account or wallet where you keep your gambling money. In order to play for real money you have to deposit some money into the “wallet”. You will continue making deposits into this account when you want to gamble more. Your winnings will also be deposited into this account whenever you win. Your first deposit is a crucial one because this is when all the best bonuses happen.
- Collect Bonus – first deposit bonuses were used since the beginning of online casinos – in fact, they got started in order to entice visitors. Brick-and-mortar casinos have a lot of “bonuses” when you come in to gamble. Most of them have specials like all-you-can-eat buffets, free drinks, and special bonus nights, especially in highly competitive places like Vegas. Online, there is even more competition but they can’t exactly offer you food and drinks, can they? The first deposit bonus is the equivalent of all those “real life” casino perks – except that they are much more generous and often give you a lot more opportunities for free play.
- Once you have made your first deposit, you can get ready to play online blackjack, poker, roulette, or any other live table game, as well as a variety of slots. Other casinos will have live sports and bingo as well! Of course, we recommend real-time live blackjack games, where you can be social and talk to the dealer while remaining completely anonymous.
- The last thing you need to know is that you should always read a particular casino’s wagering requirements! These are the rules that will let you know the a) minimum deposit b) how to withdraw your money c) other casino-specific rules and regulations. This will prevent surprises later on – like trying to gamble over the limit, etc.
Playing Live Blackjack for Real Money
What’s the difference between video blackjack and live blackjack? There are some commonly asked questions that we’d love to answer for you.
Can people see me or know who I am if I’m playing live blackjack?
The short answer is – NO. You always remain absolutely anonymous. But what you CAN see is this – a lovely professional dealer who knows what they’re doing. They are ready to entertain you and to answer your questions via a chatbox.
Can I withdraw my money right after I win?
Although different casinos have different rules, the answer to this one is always “no”. The money goes through a holding period of 2 to 5 days on average. Of course, if you want to get your money as soon as you possibly can, you can read the casino’s wagering requirements before you join, and pick the one who’s rules appeal to you the most.
Can I use basic strategy when I play live online blackjack?
Yes – when you play live online blackjack, the basic strategy sheet is as good as ever. You can download it HERE and you can use it whenever you want. When you play live online blackjack, you can actually see the shoe with the cards. The dealer doesn’t use a continuous shuffling machine in most of these blackjack games, and the rules work in the same exact way as “real life” blackjack games.
Can I tip the dealer when I play online blackjack?
The answer is – yes! You can tip the dealer in an online casino the same way you’d tip the dealer at a real brick-and-mortar casino. What should you tip the dealer for? You don’t tip them for winning of course! It won’t make your luck any better – but it’s a good way to say “thank you” for a great casino experience. See if your particular online blackjack game allows tipping.
Can I play online blackjack for free?
The answer is yes! It’s better to try and have a few test games before you start playing for real money, and there are some blackjack games available in “testing mode”.
What’s the advantage of that? For new players, it gives priceless experience. There are a lot of game developers like NetEnt that offer their blackjack games in “testing mode” or “just for fun” mode. It costs nothing to play and you’ll get valuable experience.
But after a while, it might seem a good idea to stop playing for fun and put some real money into the game. After all, real money blackjack is where the excitement is at!
What should I know before playing online blackjack for real money?
There are several things you should keep in mind before you play real money blackjack, especially if you’re a beginner. Number one important thing to know is “know the rules” – don’t just attempt to learn it on the go. Thankfully, the rules of blackjack whether it’s played in real life or if it’s online blackjack, are fairly simple.
That’s right, blackjack is a simple game to play! Take a second to read these rules and you’ll play your first game with confidence (or at least you’ll know how to start!)
Here re the very basic rules:
- You have to get more points than the dealer
- You have to get less than 21 points
The common misconception of playing blackjack is that you have to get as close to 21 as humanly possible. That’s not the case. The whole point is to beat the dealer! You can’t beat the dealer if you bust, and you won’t win any money that way either.
So how do you win? The trick is – keep your eyes on the dealer’s cards, and keep the blackjack basic strategy close. In a few words, play the game smart.
Blackjack Basic Strategy
What is blackjack basic strategy anyway? When you look at it it seems like a whole lot of boring and complicated numbers. But if you look closer, you’ll see the perfect guide to the game – if you want to leave the luck to the amateurs and concentrate on “science”, look no further.
This seemingly complicated chart was created by millions of computers going through simulations of the game and figuring out the real probabilities. The result were these charts – we have them available for download in the link above. You can print them, save them, and use them when you play blackjack games – both online blackjack and live.
There are probability differences between games that use different amounts of decks. Don’t worry – you won’t encounter a one-deck game in any casino – they’ll most likely range from 4 to 8 decks. This is because a one-deck game wouldn’t last so long, and the house edge would be whittled down to very little. After all, blackjack games are famous for having a low house edge, o begin with – they can’t just give it all away, can they?
Real Money Payment Methods in Casinos
Before you start playing or make your first deposit, make sure that your payment preferences are compatible with their deposit and pay-out methods.
Important: don’t just check one, check both. Often, a casino will offer more payment methods than withdrawal methods, simply because it’s easier for them to take payments than to cash people out. They want to make it as convenient as possible, but that sometimes means not having matching offers when it comes to deposits and withdrawals.
The most common methods are PayPal, Ewallets, Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Entropay, Trustly, Zimpler, Paysafe Card, iDEAL, Interac, Ukash, EcoPayz, PugglePay – the list goes on and on.
A lot of people use Visa prepaid cards for anonymity and ease of access. because you are able to use them across many borders, in stores and restaurants and they can often be gotten in the form of a gift card. It’s easy, safe and anonymous.
Same with many crypto wallets and e-wallets that have an agreement with visa and MasterCard.
Real Money Blackjack in Your Language
The advantage of playing sophisticated online blackjack games with real dealers is enjoying the game in your own language. We have known people to use this exciting option to play in a language that they are learning and practicing their small talk with the dealer.
And why not? There are many live blackjack language options, including English, French, Arabic, Finnish, Russian, Cantonese, Turkish. The dealers are professional and fluent in your language of choice, so you’re guaranteed to get some great conversation and entertainment out of your game time.
Of course, even if they speak fluent Turkish or Arabic, they will probably be sitting at a studio in Malta, Canada or another faraway place – but you’ll feel like you’re right there in a casino with them, chatting the night away! Or maybe the day – depending on the time of day or night that you want to play!