Mobile Payments at Online Casinos
Before we start explaining all the details about mobile payments, let’s get a few facts straight: what are mobile payments anyway? The official definition is pretty broad – in fact, we talk about mobile payments a lot in all of our other pages and explain what the different methods of online payments are. And there are a lot.
Mobile payment is any type of payment you can makeover your mobile phone or tablet. This means that mobile payments can be made through your bank or through your e-wallet.
Casino of the Month
18+ Gamble Responsibly | T&C Apply.
Best online casinos 2021
How to Open an Account for Mobile Payments at a Casino
If you have a bank account but can’t make direct mobile payments from your phone, check if your bank has an app available for mobile devices. This will be an app released and designed by your bank – you’ll be able to check your account status, balance, monitor your payments and check on your other accounts, like savings or credit cards you have open within the same institution. Today, banks will walk you through the process of downloading and using their application when you open your account with them. If you have had your account for years and didn’t know if an app was available, check with your bank to see if they added this option to their offer. It will make your life a lot easier.
When it comes to using it at a casino, you have to see if your bank allows secure and anonymous transactions within a casino platform. A lot of banks don’t – even in countries where gambling is considered mainstream, banks have some catching up to do. In a lot of cases, they just don’t want to get involved and leave banking within casinos to e-wallet platforms, and to pre-paid cards.
Speaking of e-wallet platforms, this is the most popular form of mobile payments at casinos today. It’s easy to open an e-wallet – or another online payment app.
Skrill – This is probably the most popular, versatile and the most trusted of all mobile payment methods in casinos. Skrill is accepted at all the biggest and leading online casinos and betting sites around the world. They have an advanced system going for gaming payment,s shopping, and sending money to friends and family or b2b. With Skrill, you can get a pre-paid MasterCard or operate in cryptocurrency. This is why we recommend it above most mobile payment methods. You can use it for international wire transfers too!
PayPal – PayPal is very popular but it does have its limits at some casinos. Nevertheless, it’s safe, well established, and great for business. A lot of businesses in Saudi Arabia choose PayPal for their online payments because it’s very easy to send invoices and keep track of business spending and earning. PayPal needs access to your bank account, and you might even have to confirm your business via phone call if you want to sign up.
BayanPay Wallet – This, as you may have heard, is the most marketed and innovative way of mobile payments in Saudi Arabia. It is regulated by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority, and although it’s business-friendly and probably the main means of Saudi Arabia becoming a cashless economy in the future, it might not be the best idea to attempt to use it at an online casino – just like your bank.
How to Make Deposits and Withdrawals Using Mobile Payments
Many beginners think that when you gamble, the casino somehow has access to all your money. Don’t ask us how, but there is a stigma of hearing about people “losing it all”. Nothing could be further from the truth. Online payments are only used to fill up your casino account.
What is a casino account? It’s like a piggy bank or a separate wallet where you put your gambling allowance. The casino cannot take any money you don’t want them to take, and you cannot bet more money than you have in your casino account in the first place. In order to have money in your account, you have to make a payment into your account.
Making a mobile payment into a casino account is easy. You simply follow these steps:
- Sign up for a casino account
- Press the deposit button
- Choose how much money to deposit
- Pick a mobile payment method
- Wait for transfer
- Collect your deposit bonus and start playing!
Withdrawal might be a little different – you need to check with your casino the rules for making a withdrawal, as they often have rules that differ. Depositing money into a casino is very easy – getting the payment out from your account takes some reading of the rules. Some common online casino withdrawal rules might be something like:
- Withdrawal limits – every casino will have specific withdrawal limits, whether it’s a daily limit or a weekly limit.
- If you win a huge jackpot, they’ll be rules for withdrawing large amounts of money, depending on the payment method you expect and the online casino specific rules.
- The waiting times for a payout can be different depending on what method you are using for withdrawal. Bitcoin can take 24hrs while Skrill and Neteller can take up to 36 hours. If you’re using your bank or an overseas account to make withdrawals and you’d like a money wire – this can take up to 15 business days. In this case, e-wallets and cryptocurrencies are a definite win.
- Time limit – some casinos limit the number of withdrawals you can make within a specific time period.
- Withdrawing “free cash” – this might be an obvious thing to most gamblers, but you can’t make a deposit, receive a 200% deposit bonus, and then turn around and withdraw it. Bonuses aren’t considered “real money” – just casino spending money. You will be able to withdraw your winnings after you have gambled with the money a certain amount of time. Casinos will have the rules clearly written down.
Mobile Payment Features Arab Countries Where Mobile Payments are Accepted
Mobile payments are accepted in all Arab countries at this time – Saudi Arabia is making huge progress in making mobile payments available to everyone through official channels. There are also lots of other e-payments available to people who’d like to gamble privately.