Different Types of Casinos
Let’s face it – your casino experience vastly depends on what type of casino you want to visit and what country you’re in. In fact, every country in the world has its own specialized casino laws, whether they’re in Asia, Europe or the Americas. For example, while most countries allow online Poker, there are a few European countries that don’t. If you’re in an Arabic country like Saudi Arabia or Egypt, you might be able to access some casino sites but you’re definitely going to be blocked while trying to get into others. And it might even vary day-to-day!
If you want your online gambling experience to be unchanged, steady and safe, it’s a good idea to sign up for a VPN service. Remember, it’s never a good idea to use free VPNs. Read our VPN page for more.
Casino of the Month
18+ Gamble Responsibly | T&C Apply.
Best online casinos 2021
Online VPN Casinos
A VPN is a private network where internet service is extended to allow encrypted access from devices from all around the world. VPN casinos are extremely popular in a lot of countries – they allow players to be a lot more secure than when they gamble openly, and to access their favorite casinos.
Different casinos get blocked for all sorts of reasons, even in countries that you think allow any type of gaming. Gamers from Australia, the US, UK or France get told “no” all the time! You’re no different, and we have an amazing list of online VPN casinos you should try!
The Problem of Entering Gambling and Betting Sites in Arab Countries
Every Arab country approaches this problem a bit differently. But times are changing. Saudi Arabia went through a number of landmark transformations lately, from movie theatres to driving laws. We’re becoming more open and more social – in fact, with the recent investment in a huge entertainment zone in Ryad, the borders of what’s acceptable are bound to keep being expanded.
Other countries already have casinos, but with varied laws. Sharm El Sheikh and Cairo both have several casinos, but they are only there for tourists and foreigners.
The Emirates are well known for their Horse Racing Authority – no surprise there. Lebanon also has racecourses open for gambling, and the Hippodrome Du Parc De Beyrouth has been in business since 1912. Morocco, Tunisia, and Djibouti. A lot of Arab countries allow some form of sports betting and horse or camel race betting. These are considered more traditional and less taboo.
This is why online gambling is becoming very popular, and more accessible through VPNs.
What’s the Best Type of VPN I Can Choose?
There are a few things to look out for when choosing the best VPN, and here are a few hints and reminders. First of all, never use a free VPN. It’s a great way to get your data stolen or compromised, to get hacked or spammed.
- Customer Service – yes, VPN networks actually do and should have live customer service available, that is reachable via phone or chatbox. This will help you with any setup questions you might have, and if you’re not a very tech-savvy person this can be a lifesaver.
- Connection versatility – how many devices can you connect to the VPN? Can you use it with your laptop, phone, and tablet at once? If you plan on using it extensively (not a bad idea) for multiple reasons, it’s good to have multiple devices hooked up simultaneously.
- Free trial – sometimes it’s good to test things out before you decide to commit, just to test the interface. Hey – just like an online casino!
- Server Coverage – this is a very important thing to check if you’re getting a VPN in Saudi Arabia – can they cover you where you are? Usually, it’s not a problem, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Software compatibility – how do you get on? A lot of providers will have a native app available so you can log on very easily, but what about your laptop or desktop? Is it easy to get on, or do you have to use open-source OpenVPN client? It’s usually best to see who has the easiest and most convenient options.
- Security – don’t just assume all VPNs are super secure tech fortresses. Ask questions. Everyone is very good at marketing and advertising themselves, but which networks provide the bang for your buck? Look at the technology the network is using and what kind of encryption they use. It’s best to compare these features to other VPN providers, and choose the one you feel is the most secure and has most encryption and security features.
- Deleting connection logs – this is important because it has to do with your browsing history. Connection logs store your data like when you connect to a VPN, how long you use it for and how much data you use. This data is often kept so in case you have connection trouble, the customer service can help you out. But the company should at least mention what they do with their logs and how long they keep them for. Stay away from ones that don’t!
VPN Casno FAQs
Is using a VPN illegal?
Using a VPN is legal, and there are a lot of businesses that try to sell you a better deal and get you better access. This is because VPNs are widely used for business dealings, banking, and other perfectly normal activities. Remember that wanting privacy and security is perfectly normal across many different day-to-day activities – not only gambling!
Can I use a VPN on my mobile when I travel?
Yes – all you need is a VPN subscription. And an internet provider. A VPN won’t act like an internet provider all by itself. You need the internet in order to connect to a VPN. This may be open wi-fi if you’re at work or at a hotel.
Is getting a VPN expensive?
Not really. It will cost you about 50 SAR.